Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Recap of Week 3 Furman FIRST training

I completed all three of this weeks key workouts. Due to some discomfort in my left knee, I decided not to do any cross-training, other than some walking. I dont think it will have much affect this early in the training. I suspect a slight case of runners knee. Hopefully with some stretching, ice and ibuprofen, it wont get any worse.

Here is a recap of the key workouts.

Speedwork: 10 min warm-up. then 4x 3min@ 7:10 pace with 3 min Recovery between. 10 min cool-down, Windy again, messed with pacing. 7:09, 6:57, 7:12, 7:20.

Tempo run: 2 miles easy, then 3 miles @ 8:20 pace, one mile easy. Very windy again, splits 8:22, 8:24, 8:15. Left knee still feels a little funky. Put some ice on after running.

Long run : Due to heavy rain, I did this on the treadmill. 10 miles on the treadmill @ 9:35 pace. Felt ok, a little stiffness in left knee, Iced after.

No comments: