Sunday, October 24, 2010

Well I completed the first week of marathon training. I actually began on Sunday, because I knew the with the work week I had coming, it would be difficult. The plan called for 8 miles @ 9:38 pace. I ran the 8 @ 9:25 pace. I must do better at pacing myself. I can get away with it now, but as the miles increase, those faster miles may cause problems.

The next running session involved 6x 1 minute fast, with 3 minutes recovery. This was a little more difficult than I anticipated. I ran the intervals at an average pace of 7:03. Including warm-up and cool-down, I covered 4.13 miles in 37:02.

The third key run was a tempo run. 2 miles easy, then 2 miles @ 8:20 pace. Finishing with 2 miles easy. A total of 6 miles in 57:08.

I also did 2 bike rides as cross-training sessions. The Plan called for 3, so I came up one short. Gotta do better, as I'm sure these are a key to the plans success.

Overall, I fell pretty good. I have been putting more effort into stretching. This has been a weakness for me. With the aggressive paces I will be running, its a must do.
1 week down, 17 more to go.

No comments: