Monday, November 10, 2008

Just a boring update


Yes I have been running, a little. Actually this is by design, as I try to build mileage and overcome shin splints. I have been adhering to the 10 percent rule and then some. I ran about 20 miles the past two weeks. It doesn't sound like much, but my legs do appear to be feeling better, so I will be slooooowly increasing mileage.


I have not worked in a few days, and I am more convinced now that being on my feet for 12 hrs, is the main culprit to my foot and leg pain. Thus, I will be getting new work shoes this week.


Just because I like structure, I have decided to follow Hal Higdons spring training for my mileage buildup. I know its not spring, but this is South Carolina. Winters are mild compared to most parts of the country, so I wont use cold as an excuse not to run. I may use lazy however !






No comments: